Hi Joey,
I forgot to mention that my suspension is on the middle setting (probably 3
too), practically since I bought it, more than a year ago. However, I am
feeling this issue since a couple of months, which seems to indicate that it
is new (although I don't really do much long rides anyway).
Unfortunately, I don't have the tool the play with the suspension settings.

Javier.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Joey Kelley <[email protected]> wrote:

> Javier,
>          When I got my 450 - I had a similar issue - the rear
> suspension was set on the highest setting - 5 - and upon reviewing the
> manual, I was able to determine that for my riding (single person
> only) three was sufficient. Ever since, the ride has been much less
> stiff and my back has felt better. The only down side is that
> occasionally the suspension will bottom out - but only when I hit a
> bump or hole going too fast. (Happens a lot in Maine) This isn't a
> failure of the bike, but the rider :-)
>          -Joey
>
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Javier Garcia <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > recently I've been wondering if there is something wrong with the
> suspension
> > of my '96 750. In short, it just feels like it balances too much up and
> down
> > in the rear as I am driving it. Actually, I am not sure if it is because
> I
> > am paying too much attention to this or not, but lately I've been feeling
> > that my back hearts a bit after long rides (long being more than an hour
> or
> > so). Allen drove my bike the other day for a bit I had the same
> impression
> > (without me telling him before). Therefore, it start crossing my mind the
> > idea of upgrading the rear suspension (and probably the front too, but
> that
> > is a separate issue). Apparently, most people agree that progressive
> shocks
> > is the way to go. However, those are not cheap, so I have few questions,
> > such as:
> > 1) How can I actually now if my rear shocks are damaged? Is there a more
> > technical procedure to diagnostic this?
> > 2) If I replace shocks, do I have to replace springs too? or it is just
> > recommended?
> > 3) Does anyone here uses or had used progressive shocks (and/or springs)?
> > 4) Is there a particular model of progressive shocks and/or spring that
> need
> > to be selected for a NH 750? There are few models, and although the
> > differences in the specifications are confusing to me, the differences in
> > price are quite substantial.
> > I would appreciate any other comments on this matter.
> > Cheers,
> > Javier.
> >
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> > http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> >
>
>
>
> --
> -Joey Kelley
> Need Computer Technical support?
> http://www.crossloop.com/JoeyKelleyComputerServices
> At your service - via remote control!
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to