Yes the First Lady of Jazz can't be beat...Ella Fitzgerald.

I used a Sanyo Xacti consumer camcorder that records to SD card. It's
technically HD, but it just doesn't have the processing power to render
everything. But if you are holding steady shots without zooms and limited
pans and tilts, it works fine. I edited with Apple's iMovie.