I had a subscription to  CYCLE WORLD

Remember "Crash & Burn" Magazine?    Spill photos with captions!

Jul 14, 2010 03:31:04 PM, nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com wrote:
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:43 AM, surfswab <surfs...@gmail.com> wrote:
There are still holdovers from both those stigmas, of course, but with
more average citizens now involved in the  pastime, riding is
generally more civilized than it used to be.

I agree for the most part. The motorcyclist and biker stigmas have largely morphed. The terms don't necessarily have to apply to the type of bike each rides, although my definition of "biker" would most typically be riding some version of the V-twin with straight pipes. :) (Although I will say there is definitely a new breed of Harley-Davidson rider that doesn't fit the traditional biker motif.)

Okay, ready for some harmless tongue-in-cheek?

The biker could be described as follows:
1. Loves classic v-twins
2. Usually is adorned with tattoos
3. Often sports a flowing and/or graying beard
4. Sews patches on his jean-vest
5. Likes tassels hanging from handlebars and soft luggage
6. Often wears no helmet or is a minimalist, wearing the Nazi-like half helmet
7. Has a large wallet with a chain attached
8. Has a subscription to EasyRider magazine
9. Loves his bike

The motorcyclist could be described this way:
1. Tends toward quieter cruisers, street bikes or sporty crotch rockets
2. Is more apt to wear a helmet
3. Loves to get into tight twisties
4. Loves classic street bikes
5. Usually into "touring"
6. Has a subscription to Cycle magazine
7. Loves his motorcycle

Then...you have the morphed version...let's call him the biker-cyclist :)
1. Likes his bike LOUD but it spends quite a bit of time in the garage
2. Prefers not to wear a helmet but usually complies
3. Can sometimes be seen on his bike wearing a suit with a briefcase strapped on the back
4. Fewer and more tasteful tattoos
5. Has a subscription to the Wall Street Journal
6. Loves his two-wheeled transportation

These lists, of course, completely ignore the sports enthusiast who rides an off-street bike. (I'm not sure where they fit in.)

NO DISRESPECT is intended by this profiling. None whatsoever. Just some humorous observations.

Ride safe everyone!

Paul