I don't know if this helps but I had the same exact problem with my car. I 
found that it was the battery cables themselves. Like I said I don't know if 
this helps but if you haven't tried you could see.  

Thank you, 
Christopher López 

 

________________________________

From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 7:33 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Intermittent Electrical problem


Riding down the road everything dies


Aug 1, 2010 05:27:54 PM, [email protected] wrote:


        So wait, explain that again... You'd start and ride the bike fine, turn 
it off. Then you'd come back, turn it on and nothing happens? Then I assume 
you'd turn the key off, back on then everything works again? 
        
        If so, have you checked to see if you're actually turning the key all 
the way off? I've done that a couple times because the ignition/key switch is 
kinda shady because I'll turn the key to where I think "Off" is but it'll sit 
turned on slightly, kill the gauges and headlamp but some other stuff is still 
pulling juice from the battery, eventually killing it. (on my 550)
        
        Sean
        
        
        
        On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:41 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
        

                Over the last 2-yrs My 550 has been a trusty steed & never left 
me stranded.
                
                But:  A few times it's as if the ignition was turned off.   
Everything died.  I turned the key off/on & it started right up.
                
                The battery cables & grounds are clean & snug. 
                
                When my signal relay died last year,  I cleaned about every 
connector I could find.
                
                It's  a bit weathered from spending it's whole existence 
outdoors.  
                
                
                Bernie
                
                
                
                
                

                

                -- 
                You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
                To post to this group, send email to 
[email protected].
                To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected] 
<mailto:nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]> .
                For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
                


        

        -- 
        You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
        To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
        To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
        For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
        

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to