Not sure.....I recently got an 83 nighthawk as well. I ended up with an extra speedo. If you need one, I'll give you a good deal on it. I had to replace the cable on mine. Basically if yo u take the cable off and spin one end and the other end spins freely, the cable is fine. It is pretty easy to get the cable off. I found if you just take the headlight off it is easy to get the cable off the speedo and you don't need to take anything off to get the lower end off.
On Nov 23, 10:17 am, Tim Giles <[email protected]> wrote: > Hey everyone, > > I'm pretty new to this, I just bought my first bike which is the 83 NH 550. > It had a broken speedo so I found one on ebay. Stuck it in last night seemed > fine could see how fast I was going. Then this morning about halfway to work > it was making a terrible whining sound. It was a very loud sort rubbing > whining sound that grew with acceleration, and stopped when i did. Would > this mean i need a speedo cable too? Or did I get a bum speedo. (The mileage > wasn't working on it...) > > Thanks for your thoughts! > > Happy Thanksgiving... > > Tim -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
