I've found the most important part is removing all the rust

On Nov 30, 2010, at 9:25 AM, greenzer...@gmail.com wrote:

i was going to use bbq paint on the pipes and mufflers on the 250 (just rusted up pretty good). At the time i had a job where we had a blast cabinet almost large enough to put 1 side in at a time in and clean them up that way, wasent going to prime or sand, just clean it up good, spray bomb, and let it cure on the bike on the 45 min ride home.... Just never got around to it

-----Original Message-----
Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:14:47 am
To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
From: "Graham Rogers" <graha...@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Black Chrome exhaust pipes for 700-S (restoration)

Javier,  I've never had any peel off but I don't use primer,
specially regular primer.  Maybe high heat primer would work but
regular wouldn't.  I've used NAPA high heat, even Walmart's brand and
they all work.  I use flat on exhausts (1200 degree plus) and semi
gloss or gloss (500 degree plus) on the mufflers. Sometimes as
someone commented black turns somewhat grey - depending on the brand
and I prefer a slight sheen on the exhausts and so some flats do
that.  Stove or BBQ paint works as well,  Graham