simple answer.... Run high concentrations of seafoam and good gas... hope it fixes it... Other then that ur gona need to pull the carbs -----Original Message----- Date: Friday, January 07, 2011 1:40:40 pm To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <[email protected]> From: "CharlesW" <[email protected]> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Just started cleaning my carbs
I kind of feel like I am hi-jacking Dustin's thread. My 1985 650 starts and runs good, but it isn't nearly as smooth at idle as my daughter's 1983 650. It's only noticeable in very low speed maneuvers. I did remove and clean the carbs a year or so back and the high and low speed jets were totally clean. I did not do anything with the idle circuit at that time. It's not really enough of an issue to pull the carbs again, but if a fuel system cleaner would help, I would try it. Charles On Jan 7, 9:38 am, "Allen Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote: > Not if it won't run. The seafoam can only clean where it can flow through. So > if you're idle passages are blocked then you have to pull the carbs. > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T > > -----Original Message----- > From: CharlesW <[email protected]> > > Sender: [email protected] > Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 05:34:48 > To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!<[email protected]> > Reply-To: [email protected] > S -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
