Jan 18, 2011 05:08:16 PM, [email protected] wrote:
That kit should give you everything you need. Check the write-up. You--
only need to unscrew the outer 2 bolts and the main 12v. then the
entire starter comes apart one piece at a time, no more screws.
Pretty simple - and I've never filed anything down... although it may
still be a good idea.
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:02 PM,wrote:
> You try to fix something & think the problem is solved.
>
> I bought an aftermarket starter kit on e-bay for $27.95
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270514543189&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123
>
> The Seller says I need to smooth the "slipping-ring" they ride on.
>
> Feels smooth to me.
>
> If I buy brushes separately do I have to solder them on?
> Are they just 4-wires w/ little blocks on the end?
>
> I didn't need 1/2 the stuff from the other kit.
>
> B-550
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
