on my 86 aspencade the air box is right underneath the trey in the "glove
box". under that you wwill find the fuse block. you have to remove the fuse
block (its mounted to the lid of the air box) to get to the air box lid.

il try to take some pics for you this evening or tomorrow (out on the boat
right now, sorry)

on a related note please dont let any break fluid sit on your plastics...
not only will it eat your paint quick, but it will destroy the plastic. i
had a bottle in the trunk of my aspencade, and when i got back from
delivering a friends boat a chunk of my trunk the size of a soft ball was on
the ground, i figured it was a clean break, so i was simply going to glue it
back on, after peeling the paint away, half of the bottom crumbled... now i
have to do some major fiberglass repair to have a useable trunk again... my
side bags are already missing a chunk and are un-installed untill i can
repair them, but i use the trunk mre then the sides... the worst part is
that in florida you can run a bike without turn signals, but you need a
break light... thats mounted on the rear face of the trunk... so i
un-installed the light bar from the trunk and ratchet strapped it on to the
rear shelf along with my laptop box (pelican!)... so now im legal, but
ghetto fab!!!