*Kyle was it 
these<http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Eyes-Sunglasses-Tortoise-Frame/dp/B002JINQCA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304647099&sr=8-1>
?
*
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote:

> They may sound corney, but back in the 90s there was a late night TV
> product called Eagle Eyes. I've never been one to order crap from the TV,
> but one day at Kmart I saw them in the "as seen on TV" pile and picked some
> up. Best sunglasses I've ever tried. They're not too hard to find on amazon
> or eBay. Those mixed with my mirrored visor are all I need for direct
> sunlight.
> Plus, traffic signals are always oriented the same way so colorblind folks
> know if they're red or green.
> On May 5, 2011 8:12 PM, "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > *Went out for a ride this early evening knowing I would be riding
> directly
>
> > into the sun at times and especially on the way home. I wear corrective
> > lenses full-time, and when I'm riding/driving I attach some clips for
> pretty
> > decent sun protection. But riding into the sun on a motorcycle can be
> hard
> > and even a little dangerous with the glare. So this evening I grabbed a
> pair
> > of what my kids call "old man sunglasses" which are made to go OVER your
> > existing pair of glasses. I bought them years ago and stuck them in the
> > glove box of my car just in case I needed to drive somewhere and couldn't
> > locate my clips. They look like this:*
> > *
> > *
> > *[image: DSC00206.JPG] [image: DSC00207.JPG]*
> > *
> > *
> > *Anyway, I was able to keep them off during most of my ride but when I
> knew
> > I would be riding into the sun on the last part I popped up the chin-bar
> of
> > my modular helmet and donned the old man glasses. Pretty cool actually!!
> > Chin-bar and faceshield went back down without any issues.*
> > *
> > *
> > *The downside is that it was all but impossible to see the LCD screen on
> my
> > GPS, (which I use in speedometer mode when on the bike) and there was one
> > stoplight that I had to guess at as to whether the light was red or
> green.
> > [?] (Yeah, colors were a skitch difficult to see.) But as I was facing
> the
> > sun I was able to keep my eyes on the road without the usual difficulty.
> I
> > could actually see quite well. Thinking about taking them along whenever
> I
> > do an early evening ride.*
> > *
> > *
> > *Anyone else ever done this?*
> > *
> > *
> > *Paul
> > *
> > --
> > *
> >
> > Paul LeBoutillier <http://www.facebook.com/paul.lebout>
> > *
> > *
> > *
> >
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> > For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
> >
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>



-- 
*

Paul LeBoutillier  <http://www.facebook.com/paul.lebout>
*
*
*

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to