I wear an open face helmet with a flip down face shield. To combat the
fierce Florida sun when it's in my eyes, I've taped black tape from
side to side across the bottom 1 1/2 inches of the shield.  When the
sun blinds, I partially drop the shield so it blocks out the glare,
and rachet it further down as the sun gets lower. This works just as a
helmet visor would, but with adjustabiity for sun position. The black
strip is low enough so it does not block my vision when the visor is
full down, and the tape used comes off without leaving goo if I want
it off. Plus it costs next to nothing. Worth a try if you have an open
face helmet and flip shield, and ride into the sun.

Jay S
92 NH750
South Florida

On May 5, 9:11 pm, Paul <[email protected]> wrote:
> *Went out for a ride this early evening knowing I would be riding directly
> into the sun at times and especially on the way home. I wear corrective
> lenses full-time, and when I'm riding/driving I attach some clips for pretty
> decent sun protection. But riding into the sun on a motorcycle can be hard
> and even a little dangerous with the glare. So this evening I grabbed a pair
> of what my kids call "old man sunglasses" which are made to go OVER your
> existing pair of glasses.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to