I gave a left turn light at the end of my street that my 96 750 will
not trip.  If traffic is light I just go straight and take a semi
legal U-turn into a driveway about 100 feet from the intersection.  I
tend to use this approach when ever possible.  I don't like running
any red lights even when I can see for miles.

On May 6, 2:04 pm, Noah Goodall <[email protected]> wrote:
> Virginia just passed a law that allows motorcyclists to run red lights
> if they've been waiting for over two minutes.
>
> http://www.brucedeming.com/blog/new-virginia-law-allows-bikes-and-mot...
>
> This is definitely one law I want to print out and carry with me in
> case I get pulled over. The article gets it wrong about weight.
> Traffic signals detect you by size. The video cameras see your shape,
> and the in ground detectors measure the amount of metal above them.
> What I don't understand is why this law doesn't apply to bicycles,
> because they have the exact same problem. It's doubly funny because in
> some parts of the state, mainly Northern Virginia, the light changes
> every three minutes by design, so you could essentially run the light
> every time!
>
> Sorry to geek out, but I'm a transportation researcher who studies
> traffic signals. And I'm in Virginia. This is a big story for me!

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to