+1 For Dropbox - I use it to keep a lot of my documents synced between
multiple machines.
               Recently, they've come under some fire for supposedly being
less secure than they claimed - I don't see it frankly - if you're that
worried about your Data - either encrypt it - or - don't use an internet
based sharing service.
              For my 'heavy' backup - I use Carbonite. (Full Disclosure - I
am a Carbonite Reseller) however that is internet based, and wouldn't work
for our Boat Based Buddy :-)
             -Joey