Allen,
        LastPass has been vetted by someone I trust - Steve Gibson, the
programmer of SpinRite. All the passwords are encrypted (and hashed) on the
local machine before being sent to the LastPass server - the only thing they
store, is an encrypted mass of data that they can't decrypt. Also, if you
lose your password - they can't recover it - without it, all the passwords
are lost. What I really like is that its cross platform, including phones
and since I use multiple browsers on multiple operating systems, I always
have my passwords. Same for XMarks. I'm using it - I'm recommending it.
http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm - Episode 256 is on LastPass - its worth
a listen if nothing else. One additional comment, you're only as good as
your LastPass password - mine is almost 30 characters and is an alphabet
soup of random junk (or so it appears) but I can remember it since I know
how I created it.
         As to file storage - I guess I don't know what you're using that
for - if I need to transmit something large I either chunk it into smaller
zip files or use DropBox or if its really large, upload it to my web server
then download it later. Frankly, DropBox works so well, I've had little
occasion to use anything else since I discovered it.
          -Joey