Do you have the caliper on the bike, or are you doing this with it detached?

The caliper pistons /barely move/ when you're braking, unless you have them
pressed all the way back into the calipers and not in contact with the pads.
If I go out to my bike right now and squeeze the brake handle, I'm not going
to notice caliper or piston movement.

The grey, nasty oil usually means there's water in the system somewhere too.
Like I said at first, flush the whole bottle you bought through the brakes:
that will get air and water out, leaving you with only clean, fresh fluid.

Didn't you say something about also having a new brake line?

-Kurt