One word.. Mightyvac its worth its weight in gold when priming a dry brake
system.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: snkeyes1...@aol.com
Sender: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:06:03
To: <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] new brake problem

yes that correct i'll keep trying

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Nolte <vturbine.po...@gmail.com>
To: nighthawk_lovers <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, May 29, 2011 9:28 am

Alright, so a recap.

1) you have fluid coming out of the bleeder when you open it under pressure,
but it's nasty grey and definitely old.
2) you've rebuilt calipers and master cylinder, following instructions correctly
3) the line between the two is the old one, not a new one
4) pistons at the caliper are not moving when the brake handle is applied.

Sound accurate?

If you are getting old brake fluid out of the bleeder under pressure, rather
than it just dripping out, then I would say that the problem is not going to be
on the master end; a good flush-and-clean will take care of that end just fine.

You took the calipers all the way apart to rebuild them, I'm assuming; it's
very, very likely that there is air in the calipers themselves, which can be a
royal PITA to get out of there. Best advice I can give you at the moment is
continue with your bleeding process. It's slow going, but patience solves a lot
of mechanical problems. You've had the system wide open, probably for a weekend
or so (judging by the speed with which I get similar projects done), there's
air in there and some of it wants to stay put.

A vacuum pump, either hand or electric, might be a good investment at this
point. I've survived without one, doesn't mean others have to mimic my
Neanderthal ways. ;)

-Kurt