My weekend ride was much shorter, just 90 miles.  One to just have a nice ride 
on a beautiful day, and two to get a look at an A-10 Warthog at an air show.  
This is one awesome plane! It’s 30 mm (1.18 inch) 7 barrel Gatling gun has a 
firing rate of 70 rounds per second, or 4200 rounds per minute in armor 
piercing or incendiary.  Info here: http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_052a.html  
Other specs @ http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/a-10_warthog.pl . Max weight 
51,000 or 25 tons!!!!  
See the gun firing on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bMfrixJyWc&NR=1 

I have about 400 hours in the air in simple single engine planes, of maybe 1500 
lbs.?   Ah, to fly a Warthog!  (I’d even give up my Nighthawk!)

Best thing that came my way on the trip was the 47 mpg I got on the mostly 60 
MPH trip.  Never did that before.  Usually around 40 mpg around town.  I’m a 
Happy Camper (or is that Nighthawker?)  (‘84 CB650SC with 26k miles.)

Gene


-- 



Paul LeBoutillier 



www.hondanighthawks.net

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to