I gotta believe solenoid or push button switch corrosion is the issue.
Nothing else makes sense. While its out, however, check brushes on it to be
sure they are not too worn. That could give an intermittent problem.
On Aug 9, 2011 4:29 PM, "Daryl Mount" <[email protected]> wrote:
> This topic has probably been addressed before, but I'm a recent member
> and haven't been able to find an answer. I have recently bought a
> "project" 1982 650 Nighthawk. It started and ran a few times,
> although the starter didn't engage every time. I rebuilt the carbs on
> it and tried to start it and the starter "whizzes" but the crank
> doesn't seem to engage. I pulled the starter, grounded it, pushed the
> start button and the shaft "whizzed". I could manually rotate the
> gear that the starter gear meshes up to (I don't know its name) and it
> freely spins in both directions. The batter has plenty of juice, in
> fact I had the charger attached while trying to start it. Any
> ideas...hopefully ones that don't require a clutch replacement?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to