Must be the area. I just brought a bike home from Javier's place and - the kill switch was on, Graham

On Aug 19, 2011, at 8:32 AM, paul annen wrote:

wow, 2 guys from the DC area (and myself formaly from PG county) all use the kill switch... mabey its a regional thing?

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Javier Garcia <jajgar...@gmail.com> wrote: I use the kill switch always, although recently I was reading a motorcycle manual where they explicitly stated that the kill switch should be used only for emergencies. They say that if you use it all the time, you are taking the risk of leaving the keys on the bike, and worse letting the battery drain. This has never happened to me, but I guess it is a good point. The kill switch never gets me, it is the first thing I check, but the petcock gets every single time.

Javier.

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 3:43 AM, Graham Rogers <graha...@ptd.net> wrote: I never do. I figure it's just to be used as , well, a kill switch, as in an emergency, otherwise I would use it and either forget to turn off the ignition and 'kill' the battery, or forget to turn it back on .... Graham

On Aug 18, 2011, at 10:01 PM, greenzer...@gmail.com wrote:

Am i the only one that actualy uses the kill switch?

--- Sent with mail@metro, Real Life Real Timeā„¢ Mobile ---

---Original Message---
From: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
Sent: 8/18/2011 9:34 pm
To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: My '82 CB750SC

First time I rode with my club, we went to a restaurant. On leaving,
and in front of everyone, I couldn't get my bike to start.
I cranked and swore. Cranked and swore. Very embarrassing. Then
someone stepped up and turned the kill switch on.  They'd turned it
off while I was inside as an initiation joke. They all laughed, but it
took a while before I stopped feeling like a fool, so I can
sympathize. Doh, indeed!

Jay S
92 NH750
South Florida

I went to start it yesterday and it wouldn't turn over. I cranked and cranked
and nothing...  Only to discover the kill switch was on.  Doh!

Shaun

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers +unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/ group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.