Couldent have said it better myself surf


---Original Message---
From: [email protected]
Sent: 2/21/2012 5:57 am
To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <[email protected]>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: NH 650SC Carb Gasket

+1 on ethanol.  It's not the cause of your problem.

And +1 on the gaskets.  They are o-rings and should not have "flat"
spots.

Replace the gaskets, clean out every trace of gasket sealant (and
don't use any more of it), do a scrupulous cleaning of jets, needles
and passages, reassemble and synchronize, and you'll be back in
bidness.

You're biggest problem is the PO (previous owner).  PO's take a lotta
heat around here, but they mostly deserve it.



On Feb 20, 6:26 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> I just looked at a spare carb and was reminded that the gasket is a molded
> o-ring that matches the shape of the groove in the bowl. The o-ring looked
> to be round(cross section).
>
>
>
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 1:23 PM, 85_NH650 <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
>
> > I finally decided to take the plunge and clean my carbs myself. I have
> > an 85 NH 650 that had terrible recurring issues with hesitation/
> > choking/stalling at low speeds while performing fine at higher speed.
> > I had the jets cleaned a couple of times but the problems came back
> > within days. This started around the time ethanol was introduced.
>
> > I'm still in the process of cleaning the carbs, but I'd like to know:
> > 1). which side of the gasket faces the float bowl (bottom part of
> > carb): the rounded side or the 'grooved/flat side?
> > 2). Do I need to use any kind of sealer/compound or RTV (?) type stuff
> > on the gaskets before installing? Or anything else to 'treat' the
> > gaskets before installation?
>
> > It looks like whoever worked on the carbs before used some type of
> > gasket sealing stuff and I had to soak/clean up a mess of old and
> > newer material that had deteriorated and clumped into the carbs and is
> > probably effecting the low jets. We shall see.
>
> > I'd appreciate any help/advice you can give me as this is the first
> > time I tackle this task to cut down on the cost of having someone else
> > do it for me.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Richie
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > [email protected].
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to