I got up this morning and went to fire up my '86 700SC.  The green and red
dash lights came on and there was a click and then they went off.   I
fiddled the key and they came on again and then a click and they went off.
After that, nothing.   All lights off and dead.

This afternoon, I popped off the side cover and pulled the battery.   All
the cells were down to 30 to 40% of the optimal fill levels.

I filled all the cells up to the correct levels and popped the battery back
in and VROOM, I had a running bike again.

I remember now that this happened about a year ago.   Maybe my voltage
regulator is pumping in a bit too much juice?  Ah well, it's an easy thing
to check periodically.

Just a heads up than not all the problems we're going to face are going to
be tough ones.    I really love these bikes.

Dennis Gallagher

Christchurch, New Zealand

- "Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die."