From: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:29 AM
To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Matching motorcycles with windshields...

I have a Slipstreamer S-00 Enterprise on my 82 CB750SC.  Being a
newbie rider (for a year now) I hadn't ridden another bike until this
last weekend when I was visiting a buddy and rode his brand new Harley
Fat Boy.  Obviously it was quite a different experience, not only
because it was Harley v Honda but because there is a 30 year gap in
technologies.  Anyhow, as pertinent to this thread, the Harley had a
windshield that was comparable to mine in height, but did not cover my
hands.

A couple of realizations I had:
First, up by Green Bay, WI last weekend there were a LOT of bugs out
that evening, and big ones!  I definitely would have gotten smacked in
the head and face had I not had the tall windshield.

Second, the Enterprise covers your hands and the one on the Harley did
not - it gave me a better appreciation of not having the wind agains
your hands while driving, especially as it gets cooler in the evening
and in colder weather.

My windshield actually fits very well, other that the fact that it
rests against the fuel tank when the wheel is cranked all the way to
the left (e.g. when I park it).  I have to be careful not to push the
handlebars too far as it pushes the windshield slightly off-center,
but not a real big deal.

Jim