Reviving this thread, as I (oops) forgot to answer this question and
because I wish to appeal to the wisdom of the group.

CBR600 (and 600RR) bikes have 40mm throat diameter throttle bodies. Stock
NH650 had, at biggest, 32. Will adding 8mm of throttle throat produce a
noticeably "twitchy" throttle response?

Anybody here have experience with big carbs on an older Nighthawk?

As a sidenote, GSXR600 throttle bodies from an '08-09 model are 38mm, from
what I can tell. Slightly less, but will it make a huge difference?

All my conversion experience is on bigger, single throttle or progressive
throttle body MPFI engines. A 50mm throttle body for those was a huge
upgrade from the 30-40mm original throats...

Kurt