From: Joey Kelley <sandp...@gmail.com>
Sender: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 12:19:24
To: <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] A Modern Nighthawk in different clothing?

All,
        Saw an ad for this in the new American Motorcyclist and didn't
think it had come up on the list before:
http://powersports.honda.com/2012/nc700x.aspx
        She is the all new 2012 NC700X - an inline twin 700cc powered
bike that looks like a sport bike, has the storage of a sport tourer
and is rated at 64 MPG.
        Base price: Just a whisker under $7000.
        Compared to the NT700V - its a relative bargain -
http://powersports.honda.com/2011/nt700v.aspx - over $4000 more than
the new NC700X.
        Of course - it isn't a completely fair comparison, the NT has
ABS, the NC base model doesn't. It also appears that you can't get the
NC with ABS without getting the automatic transmission (although to be
fair, I wonder if that is something you could order) the NT comes
equipped already with bags, they have to be added to the NC, but
frankly, I doubt even at Honda's prices that a set of bags is going to
cost $4000!
         Thoughts?
          -Joey

--