Allen,
       Dumb question - can't you just rip the existing blinker circuit
out entirely, wire in a replacement that simply connects to the proper
places in the wiring harness and call it good? Use an off the stock
flasher module designed for say LEDs and you can convert (or at least
have the option to) at the same time.
       Sounds like an easier, cheaper way to me rather than making
something you'll have to troubleshoot and maintain.
        -Joey

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Allen Thomas <althomas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a busted turn signal control unit on the GS1000, and the replacement
> unit is $350 !!! It also is a 1 year only part which sucks which means there
> are none to be found used.. Since I know that there are at least 1 EE on the
> list, I’m begging for some help with circuit design. Assume I pretty much
> know squat about circuits, I can read a diagram and I know what the parts
> basically do, but when it comes to resistor, diode, and capacitor specs, I’m
> totally lost. I’m attaching a color wiring diagram that seems to be correct
> (here is a link if you can't read attachments).
> https://picasaweb.google.com/102601857000444202563/GS1000OLBlue#5784078337381587170
>  So basically the left hand control has two momentary switches (right, and
> left) that connect + power to the control unit, and 1 momentary switch that
> grounds the control unit to cancel the flashing. The control unit uses these
> signals to do its magic. It has the connections to the flasher relay, and to
> the lights. I don’t care whether the turn signals self cancel. I just need a
> circuit that can take these inputs and work the lights. I’m thinking it
> should be fairly easy to use an IC and have it work 2 relays to bridge the
> signal coming from the turn signal relay. However I have no idea how to
> program an IC chip. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Joey Kelley
JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!
JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow