Good pic.  Thanks.

I'm thinking to be viable, this project would have to be cobbled from
ebay parts or a wreck.  Just the little stanchion the seat post hinges
on (just in front of the pad) goes for $250 oem.

Ouch.

Then there's the seat itself.  A custom Russell day-long bucket would
be ideal, but also nosebleed pricey.