On my 250 (was my only transportation at the time) i had a 45mile commute
daily, what helped me with top end speed was going to a smaller front
sprocket (14 tooth if i remember correctly). She lost some low end torque
from it, but i got enough speed to do major highways (not safe when your
max speed is 65).

I was just over 200lbs then and almost 300 when i sold her so your weight
shouldent be a big issue, but i recomend making the back end stiffer
regardless (but i like a stiff ride)

Ride safe and keep us posted
Yeti