Yeah there is some rust and very light pitting on the fork stanchion, but
just sitting there, it keeps forcing the ATF fluid out of the forks.  I did
set the fluid level to the correct specs with the stanchion fully down and
used a motion pro fork level tool.  I may pick up another set of forks or
try to find a seller of stanchions (anyone?), however like
you both suggested, I let the air out and it has stopped.  I gently pried
the dust seals up, soaked up the fluid left behind with a rag an now when
I jounce the front end very little fluid is on the stanchion, each time I
repeat and wipe, it appears to be getting better.  Guess I'll keep an eye
on them and run it like it is for now.

I do not have 35 mm film around however did order the Motion pro seal
cleaner, figure I have 3 bikes so will be worth having :)

On another note, while this was occurring my wife came out to check on me
and noticed blue rags wrapped around the forks and asked me what was wrong,
I told her my bike was sick, she went back into the house and locked the
door...

Thank you again and ride safe my friends
Jeremy