Underneath the handlebar on the throttle side, there should be an L-shaped
tube with an adjustment nut that holds the throttle cable away from the
tank when the handlebars are turned full right.  If that nut is loose, it
can allow the tube to move back and forth as the bars are turned during
normal riding, which has the effect of shortening/lengthening the cable,
allowing the excess rev issue you're describing.

Adjusting the tube and tightening that nut should fix it.