What tires did you put on your big?  I had a similar "wondering" experience
a few years ago.  On recommendation from my mechanic I sent with a tire
that was supposed to be as good as a Battlax but less expensive.  Made in
the same factory.... we've all heard similar stories.  The tire was fine
except when I hit grooved pavement, then it followed the grooves.  In
Hawaii the DOT loves to put grooves in our highways.  I replaced the tire
after about 2,000 miles.

What tires did you put on bike?

Sean