wow Paul, just now seeing the photo of your situation there and our
replacements was not that short....just measured them...4 7/8" while the
OEM replacements we got off ebay measure out at 5 3/16" which is exactly
what we get when measuring from end of bar to controls....I started to
adjust the controls out to meet the grip and close up the dead-space
between, then said to heck with it for now, being there's only like 1/2"
opening between grip & controls.
We got a set off eBay now that I've checked....not BikeBandit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Grips-Super-Grip-Set-Nighthawk-CB650-CB650SC-CB700-CB700SC-CB750SC-/200815240694?hash=item2ec18565f6