Soak it with PB blaster and use Impact if available. I agree with a new
socket as well - old worn sockets = rounded bolt heads. Using Mapp gas
would be the additional step. It burns hotter than Propane. You'll find the
little yellow bottles in the hardware store next to the little blue propane
bottles. Hit it with one or two torches of MAPP gas for a while after a
good soaking of PB blaster and you should be able to get it off. If the
bolt head breaks, you can usually weld a nut over the broken-off stud.
Avoid using any extensions if possible.

I wouldn't suggest the bottle jack method (although it does sound very
good). This would actually result in a lot of broken tools. This is because
it puts a lot of side-ways stress on all the components instead of axial
(twisting) force on the bolt threads themselves. If you have used a 4-way
tire iron, think about how using handles on both sides of the bolt versus
just on one side like with a ratchet. If you've ever tapped a thread, the
concept is the same. Tap handles are always "T" handles so that the tap
doesn't break off. 100% of the force goes to the threads instead of the
components like the handle, ratchet, socket, extension, ets.