OK... starting it took a little longer than anticipated.  Spending time 
with the kids and some honey-dos sidelined the bike project temporarily.  I 
did get the bike started yesterday but there are carb issues that will need 
to be sorted and possibly/probably a lifter issue.  The bowls were 
overflowing gas out of both overflow hoses.  So I definitely have one or 
more sticking floats.  And the bike would only run with partial choke and 
the throttle cracked open slightly, even after several minutes of idle. 
 I'm not too familiar with the sound of these engines yet but there has got 
to be a lifter acting up.  Something just sounds off, or am I imagining it? 
 Below is a link to a couple short videos.  The white smoke, I don't think 
it's oil.  I used copious amounts of carb cleaner to get it started for the 
first time.  I think it was just the carb fluid burning off.  Thoughts? 
 Wisdom to share?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yr52a4xxlao6jhx/AAAIOFboNVw4IL1rUhBZl8s5a?dl=0 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to