> They worked on the decals (with my help) for several months, trying to get
> the colors "correct", as well as shapes/sizes, pin stripes, and "reflective"
> characteristics.

That's why I prefaced my comments with not knowing anything about auto
decals. Everything's more difficult than it seems.

> I would think if it had been easy to do, they would have done it in a couple
> days.

Well, there's also the work that goes into creating the first one,
which they can't really just charge you outright for, so built into
the price of what others would pay now is that time they had to spend
back then.

Like all things, if you want it looking amazing it's going to cost
you. If you're okay with a little bit lower quality, you can usually
get it for a lot lower price.

For me, I'd rather pay $50 for a cheaper reproduction and accept that
it'll never look as good. Though, that's not even an option far as I
can tell, unless anyone has digital copies of the decals?