I’m still not sure what helped it run better.  The carbs looked pretty clean,
light through all the jets, etc.  There was a deposit at the bottom of each
bowl, so obviously there had been trash through there, but I bet most carbs
would have a little. I cleaned and checked the slides and diagrams, blew out
all the passages, and cleaned the float valve seats.  Floats looked new as did
the float valves.

The plugs were pretty dirty.  They may have not been the correct plugs either.
I don’t know the difference, if any, between DPR8-EA9 and DP8-EA9 as written on
the plug.

I just know that when it hit 6,500 RPMs, the point of previous rough running
and no more acceleration, I almost slid off the back of the seat!  Must be a
power band there!  Well...there is now!