Here’s how I did it on both the 90s 750 and 80s 650 and 700s. Just removed,
painted and reinstalled exhaust system on 84 700S yesterday.
I hook a ratchet over the bike to the holes on the mufflers that attach to
the frame. Then I can crank the mufflers up a little at a time as I juggle
the headers into the head. I use ratchets on the mufflers to the frame and
adjust as I go along from front to back.

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 1:55 PM 'nick.tamps...@btinternet.com' via
Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers! <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Took the exhaust off to sort some problems, I am now ready to put it back
> on. It’s a 96 750.
> What’s the best way to put it back on the bike. I had trouble taking it
> off by myself, the middle bracket that attaches to the crankcase ( 2 bolts
> ) seemed to stop me from moving the exhaust forward to clear the frame. I
> took this bracket off and then managed to remove the exhaust. When
> replacing, do I attach this bracket to the exhaust and offer the complete
> system to the bike, or bolt the bracket to the crankcase and then replace
> the exhaust. I must admit, I’m not looking forward to this.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nighthawk_lovers/9445d658-b396-4550-86aa-6d0f7b3a4d17%40googlegroups.com
> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nighthawk_lovers/CAGg-qp32pCiHdqsfgs1mYd-uPW04xbeqDyjxhdUA2%3DVm6AJ3DQ%40mail.gmail.com.
  • [Nighthawk... 'nick.tamps...@btinternet.com' via Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!
    • Re: [... Kyle Munz
    • Re: [... Graham Rogers
    • [Nigh... EGrider
      • [... 'nick.tamps...@btinternet.com' via Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!
        • ... Graham Rogers
          • ... 'NICK TAMPSETT' via Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!
            • ... Graham Rogers
              • ... 'NICK TAMPSETT' via Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!
                • ... Graham Rogers
                • ... 'nick.tamps...@btinternet.com' via Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!
                • ... Tommy Hill