I'm trying to evaluate a used nikon 80-200 (w/o tripod mount) lense.  Can
anyone give me advise on how to score this item?  This is the first specimen
that I've been able to get in hand and none of my local shops has one that I
can examine.

>From what I've been able to notice so far:

1) The lense has zoom creep.  Point it up and it slowly but eventually goes to
200.  Point it down and it more slowly goes to 80.

2) Varifocus?  After focusing at 200, the lense wants to refocus when zoomed
out to 80 and vice versa.

3) 2 lent particles on inner front element.

4) body and front/rear lense elements are mint.

Are these problems norm for this type of lense?  If not, are they reasonably
fixable?

Many thanks,
Michael

--