> Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:34:16 -0500
> From: "PHAN, HUY-LAN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: F100 databack option and remote cord for MD2. [v04.n161/17]
> Message: 17
>
> > From: "George Pavlopoulos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: F100 data back option [v04.n160/18]
> >
> > Merry Christmas everybody!
> > I would just like to ask everybody who has the luck to hold the F100 in his
> > hands, if the back of the camera is detachable, which means that there will
> > be sometime in the future the option of adding a data-back.
>
> Hi George. Yes, the F100 has a detachable back and it already has the data
> backas accessory that will imprint the data BETWEEN the frames.

        Between the frames?  Where did you hear this?

        If you go to

http://www.klt.co.jp/Nikon/PPD/New_Products/F100/Product_Details/Features/Accessories/index.html

        and look at "Dedicated Accessories" and the description of
        the MF-29, it says the following:

"Data Back MF-29
        Imprints selected date and time information
            within the frame; your choice of
           Year/Month/Day, Month/Day/Year,
           Day/Hour/Minute -- or No Imprint.

        Of course, it makes no mention of "Imprint on Frame #0"
        which we've seen elsewhere... maybe because that is a body feature.

        Does anyone have any reliable and complete info on the features
        of the MF29?

        As far as the F100's CF#18:

"#18:
           Data imprint on frame #0
           0: Canceled (default)
           1: Activated

        What *kind* of data -- does anyone know?

Thanks
Chris
--
Some of life's most exciting moments   | Christopher Somers
 are spent near the middle of the      | Rise Technology