Greetings

I am going to be shooting my first wedding in a few months time and
thought I would start planning now: To this end I have a couple of
questions to put to those seasoned wedding photographers out there!

 I have an F90X, SB26 and 20-35 f2.8, Tokina 28-70 ATX PROII and a
Sigma HSM 70-2002.8 and a Minolta IVF meter.
I was going to stick to the 28-702.6/2.8 for most of the shots.
I figure that the 20-35 may be redundant even for the group shots and
I'm questioning whether I need the 70-200 (I have a 100mm macro which
could do for a portrait lens) - I thought that the 70 end of the
28-70 could also do for more intimate portraits. I'm not sure that
they want too many candid shots since they are trying to keep costs
as low as possible and are wanting to focus more on the essentials!

Given that most wedding attire involves large areas of white and
black - how well does the matrix meter handle the situation? Do most
of you use a spot meter/ hand held meter or trust the machine?

The next question concerns the  3D multi-sensor fill flash.
I'm very familiar with the characteristics of this mode when using the
flash as a key light source (for dancing!), so I'm aware of its
shortcomings, but I've not used this mode for outdoor portraits.
Usually my outdoors fill flash is for objects eg flowers etc and the
results seem pretty natural on the whole.

I notice that many photoraphers use standard TTL and manually dial in
-1.7EV - is this because the 3D MSBFF generally gives too much flash
output in general for natural portraits?
If I were to stick to the 3D MSBFF, should I dial some extra -ve
compensation for better results in the portraits?

Before I get some stick for doing a wedding shoot without prior
experience......I should point out that it is for a colleague who
doesn't want to pay for a "real" pro but has seen what I can do!

Incidentally, my film choice was going to be NPH400 with a few rolls
of Reala as a back up if the lighting permits. The location is going
to be a vineyard and so I guess some areas could be very shaded. Any
comments for or against this film choice? Any other suggestions for
faster

Thanks !
(sorry for the long post)
Regards