Mark (and other SB-15 owners),

For a usable diffuser for the SB-15 speedlight, try this:

Use a film canister from a roll of Fujicolor Superia 400 (or any other 35mm
film canister that is milky white.

Throw away the cap and slice off the base of the canister. Then slice the
canister vertically twice, removing a section that is about 1/4 inch wide.

What's left will slip nicely over the face of the flash head, and stay in
place due to the ribbed surface of the area near the flash head on the
SB-15, and the spring action of the modified canister (it helps to tilt the
flash head one click).

It works pretty well, and if you should lose it, inexpensive to replace.

Another option that I use with my SB-15, and also my SB-22 with a similar
tilting head, is to insert a white business card in the crack that is
formed when I tilt the head. A standard business card fits perfectly into
either speedlight, stays firmly in place, and makes a nice little bounce
card.

Jon

>Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:59:52 -0600
>From: "Mark Carlson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: SB-15 (and FM2) [v04.n164/22]
>Message: 22
>
>I ordered a manual for my SB-15 from Nikon at 800-NIKON-US. (I think it cost
>about $10.)  I also checked with Sto-fen and LumiQuest, but they don't have
>any diffusers or bouncers that fit the SB-15.  I have created a crude
>diffuser from a plastic alcohol bottle. It works, but it's not pretty and I
>haven't come-up with a good way to mount it firmly to the flash.
>
>>Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:24:48 -0500
>>Subject: SB-15 (and FM2) [v04.n160/20]
>>Message: 20
>>I just bought an SB-15. It's my first flash. I know that it is TTL-capable,
>>but that is no use to me with my FM2. Does anyone know where I can get a
>>manual for this flash? Any suggestions on how best to use it with my FM2
>>(remote,etc.)? I am generally "anti-flash," but I got this unit as part of
>>a package deal (the seller didn't think it worked, but -- lucky me --  the
>>battery contacts were just the slightest bit corroded). I intend to try to
>>use it "like" a fill flash, only using it bounced (indoors) or outdoors to
>>counteract heavy shadows in high sun. Finally, does Sto-Fen or any other
>>diffuser maker a unit (omni-bounce) for this unit?

-
Jon Cunningham
Freelance Photographer
Aurora, IL