"James Grove" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can anyone comment on the MF 28 Back for the F5. I am looking at getting
one and would like some feedback,
-------------

James:

I'm very pleased with the MF-28.  I purchased it primarily for the
between frames imprint function.  There is a list of what can be
printed between and in frame below.  The only other function provided
(which should be a standard featuer ON the F5) is Freeze Focus (Focus
Priority).  This allows you to put the lens in manual focus, hold the
shutter release down, then when the subject comes into focus, the
shutter releases.  This comes in handy for those trying to do hand
held macro work!!!

As far as cosmetics go, get ready to adjust to back on the camera.
The F5 still fits comfortably in your hand, so don't worry about
comfort and handling.  If can snap a digital pic of the back on the
camera.  Let me know if you would like the pic.

It's a little pricey, but very nice to have!!

Below is funtion list of the MF-28:

1.  DATA IMPRINT FUNCTION
      Allows you to imprint data in-frame, between frames, or BOTH.
      Data that can be imprinted in-frame:
        Year/Month/Day
        Month/Day/Year
        Day/Month/Year
        Day/Hour/Minute
        Hour/Minute/Second
        Frame Count
        Sequence Number
        Fixed Number
      Data that can be imprinted between frames:
        Year/Month/Day/Hour/Minute/Second
        Year/Month/Day/Hour/up to eight characters
        Month/Day/Hour/Minute/up to eight characters
        Day/Hour/Minute/Second/up to eight characters
        Caption up to 22 characters
        Frame Count
        Shutter speed/Aperture
        Compensation degree for Auto Exposure Bracketing
        Caption up to 18 characters/Year

2.  INTERVAL TIMER FUNCTION
      Lets you take a specified number of shots at specified intervals
      for a specified number of shootings.

3.  LONG TIME EXPOSURE FUNCTION
      Lets you set exposure duration up to 999 hours, minutes, or seconds.

4.  FREEZE FOCUS (FOCUS PRIORITY) FUNCTION
      Lets you perform Freeze Focus operation.

5.  AUTO EXPOSURE BRACKETING FUNCTION
      Lets you shoot up to nine continuous frames, each with a different
      exposure.  Center value is selectable.

Hope this helps,
Mike