I need to put a master flash off-camera more than the normal distance (about
6-8 feet) that the coiled cord of an SC-17 allows. I would like to be able to
convert an SC-17 cord into a 25 foot length with straight cord between the two
ends.  Has anyone ever done this and how difficult would it be to do yourself?
Would it be best to take it to an electrician or camera repair facility? I
have heard that the SC-17 is a very sophisticated cord inside the casing with
5 small wires used to transfer all the TTL information between the camera and
flash.  Any thoughts, suggestions or comments would be very helpful.

Thanks.............Brian Small