If you were part of this list when Nikon first released the F5 you'd
remember that there was a hell of alot of criticism and skepticism by
members of this list. I myself picked up the F5 for the FIRST time 1
week ago. After 3 minutes of handling it, I finally understood why so
many "had to have" the camera. The RGB meter was never seen before this
camera. I would say that alone qualifies it as visionary.

Your opinion may be different.

As far as extrapolative design is concerned, Nikon hasn't yet given us a
camera that we asked for. Once again, the F100 comes close but doesn't
give us the Mirror Lock, Viewfinder Cover, or Printing Data on the first
few frames.

How extrapolative could that be?

Clifton Leon