Hi all you Nikon nuts, and a Happy New Year as of tomorrow.

I use both Fs and F2s with meter heads. It's all too easy to forget to
switch off the meter on the FTn head or to leave the F2's wind-on lever in
the 'on' position when putting the cameras away.

But, assuming that I've put the lens cap back on, is any current actually
being drained from the batteries even though they're switched on?

I seem to remember that the early Pentax Spotmatic models had a meter which
was permanently on, and it was therefore mandatory to put the lens cap back
on when you weren't using the camera.

TIA for your collective wisdom.

Slan

Alex