>Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:22:14 PST
>From: "GALLERY 212" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: jammed nikon fe [v04.n182/4]
>Message: 4
>

>Help! my camera jammed.I have a Nikon FE and it seems to be stuck in mid
>cycle.This happened when I accidently hit the shutter while advancing
>the film.I would be eternally gratefull to anyone who could tell me how
>to fix it.Please E-Mail me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Thankyou K.

K.

You may want to try the following...

- Set the camera to the M setting and see if the mirror will drop down.
- Pull down the self-timer and press the shutter release.
- On the base of the camera is the mechanical coupling for the MD-12
motor drive. Many times you can manually reset the camera by taking a
coing and putting it in the coupling and moving it clockwise or
counterclockwise. Make sure that the advance lever is out when you try it.
- Manually spin the sprocket spool.
- If the mirror is partially down, gently press it all the way down into
its normal resting place.

If all those things don't work, then it needs to be sent to a technician.

Good luck,

Ed