<Ed,
I appreciate your very open communications.
I just tried to buy an LS2000 PC version and SF200 from B&H
Your quoted price $1610 and $470
I asked the salesman to meet competition.
I gave him the Tri State prices -
The response "We don't match TriState"
Why not
"Just try buying from them"
Tri State , and Smile were at $1599 for the LS2000
Tri State was at $439 for the SF200
Smile didn't have stock
TriState says they have stock
What's going on Ed. I have found B&H willing to meet competition
To the rest of the group - Has anyone seen better Street Prices for these
two items?>

First of all, if you're going to send me open letters, have the courtesy to
use my name -- Henry. There's no Eds in my family.

In the more-than 4-1/2 years I've been here our policy on "matching" prices
has always been:
Who's the competitor?
Do they have it in stock?
Will it come as packaged from the manufacturer with all accessories included?
Is there a credit card surcharge?
Is there a restock fee?
What's the shipping/handling fee -- in other words, what's your total
door-to-door cost?
Is the product "grey market" or "USA"?
Are they a reputable company who will do what they say and fix any mistake
quickly and with a minimum of effort?

In the case of the so-called competitors you quote, our experience is that
the reply to one or more of the questions posed above in their regard is
unsatisfactory. I suggest you peruse the Mail Order Survey at
http://www.cmpsolv.com/los/pmos.shtml and Neighbor-To-Neighbor at
http://db.photo.net/neighbor/ to see which retailers offer value, not
merely a swell-sounding price.

regards,