The issue in my comments on B&H seem to get misread and misinterpreted.

B&H has a policy - albeit - not widely advertised  - of being competitive,
just as do Staples, Office Depot, Good Guys, and Circuit City.

The difference is not just $10 as one of you would errantly deduce - it is
more like $31 - enough to cover shipping.

The difference is not that I don't like dealing with B&H but That the B&H
salesman would make unsubstantiated, vague negative references to dealing
with a competitor - TriState.

In this open forum I sought to accomplish several things:
        Find out if anyone has had problems with TriState
        Inform Mr. Posner of a potential problems at B&H
        Inform the membership that B&H has its problems as well.

A number of you seem to take umbrage at this.

Others took a more constructive position and pointed out other sources
beside TriState who were equally as competitive.
To these people - Thanks

There was no insult intended - I made that clear.

Noland

Noland,

Despite all of the commotion, I, for one, appreciate your intent when
describing your incident with B+H.  I've been paying particular attention
because I'm worried about having the same experience.

For over a year now, I've been saving-up for a Nikon F-5, a Nikkor AF 24mm
f/2.8D and a Nikon SB-28 (all with U.S. warrantee).  I figure I'll have
enough money saved-up to buy this rig some time next Spring.  So, I am now
shopping around for a place to order it from or travel to for the purchase.
This is important to me because I live in the Mojave Dessert and the closest
Nikon authorized dealership is an hour drive away and their sales tax is
over 8.5%.  I want a place that has little or no sales tax (e.g., Oregon) or
a place that isn't too far away where I can pay a good price even if I have
to pay sales tax too (e.g., Las Vegas has a couple of camera stores that
have been very reasonable and helpful to me before).

But, I never intended to (and now I'm certain that I won't) order from B+H.
I've always felt their prices were too high.

The point is that I'm glad you told us of your experience.

Thanks,

Eric D. Doncel
California City, CA