When the bandwidth taken up by discussions about whether this non-topic is
appropriate for the digest or not exceeds even that used by the non-topic
itself, I give up.  I leave it to the rest of the digest to decide whether
this is appropriate or not.  I personally will just choose to ignore it.
Eric, my advise to you is that soapboxes can be very flimsy things to stand
on sometimes and you may fall off.