Paul writes:

>> Thanks for your reply, but at t this point I still don't know where, or
if,
>>   there is a misunderstanding.  As explained
>> before, upon submitting my order (32669360) the sales clerk ("BR")
assured
>> me repeatedly that there was

>OK, we've got the order No. We've got the clerk's intitials. Now can
anyone
>tell me what the hell this post is doing on this list?
>Sorry, I don't mean to sound quite so stroppy, but it's actually *nice* to
>have two representatives of big outfits who are willing to spend time on
>this list, and this is the best way to scare them off that I ever saw. Not
>to mention being totally off topic.

Paul,

This is the what the hell the post is doing on the list:  It was clearly a
polite reply to a previous post by a valued contributor speaking
for a vendor, which previous post your own selective quoting carefully
edited.    The details were provided to demonstrate that I was
not blowing smoke, but actually had made an order.  If you are truly
interested in an answer to your question, and in policing
the list to avoid clutter,, you yourself might have sent a private email to
 ask your question.  As it is, I submit that
the discussion string you are referring to had much more to do with Nikons
than this particular posting of your own, and furthermore
that your posting serves rather to prolong the discussion, than letting it
die a natural death.

It may be that vendors are actually *nice* and those who respond to them
are uppity and out of line, but I don't
think we want to set up sacred cows here, nor do we want to tiptoe around
to avoid scaring people off.  The very fact that
certain vendors are around to take the heat, to deal with issues as they
arise, speaks volumes on their behalf, and is very much
to their credit.  Silencing the consumer rather than the merchant is of
value only to... who?

Dave