<I am thinking about getting the N90s battery grip, primarily for the button
to ease shooting verticals. Any opinions on it? What is the model name and
what is it going for? Thanks!>

I have the N90s with the MB-10 grip and never use the camera without it attached.  For
me (average to large hand size) it makes the camera much more comfortable to hold in
either the vertical or horizontal.   In fact, I find it much more comfortable to hold
in the vertical position than my F5.  It is very contoured with more to grab onto.  Of
course it adds weight and size to the camera, but to me this is far outweighed by the
benefits.

Regards,

jjhasluck